Monday, January 14, 2008

Why Tigers?

I suppose you may be wondering why I like tigers.  Well, the short answer is, I like them because they are awesome.  They are the biggest cats in the world.  Like all cats, they look upon you with indifference.  They know who they are.  Do you know who you are?  

They are incredibly powerful and graceful.  They are orange and black--how cool is that?  Even their skin is striped, not just their fur.  If you ever watch the episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike feeds the animals at the zoo, you will notice something.  When he feeds the animals, he walks up to the cage, puts the food in, no problem.  When he feeds the tiger, the zookeeper opens a tiny little slit in the cage, Mike throws the food in, yanks his hand back before the tiger rips it off, and then runs like the wind to safety as the zookeeper closes the slit.  This is the fear and respect that the tiger commands.  You don't see people treating baby chimps like that.  No, sir.

How much do I like tigers?  Well, I like them enough to have two house cats.  I like them enough that my wife has to drag me away from their enclosure at the zoo.  I like them so much that I got one tattooed on me, as you can see.

Tigers--nature's Rambo, Terminator and Predator, all wrapped into one.

4 comments:

Livingsword said...

Hi Jon;

Welcome to the world of duo blogs! LOL

Very cool tattoo!!!

At the Berlin Zoo I had a tiger try to urinate on me from 10 feet away. Amazing animal.

Congrats on the new blog. I may not always comment but I am still a frequent guest, now at both of your blogs.

Livingsword said...

Hi Jon!

I thought you may like a plug for your new blog….

Come and get your tag…

http://lifeontheblade.blogspot.com/2008/01/blogging-community-awards-and-meme.html

Mr. Fairbanks said...

I've never said this, but nice tat, my man!

If I could be eaten by any animal in the world, it would be by a tiger, fo'sho'.

Jon said...

And a tiger would eat you straight up, too, no questions asked. That's how they roll.