Monday, December 8, 2008

My New Toys

Seagull Mini Jumbo M6 Cutaway QII. I bought this Seagull last week to replace my old S6, which was stolen last month. The MJM6 has a bright sound with a good amount of "pop" to it, compared to the S6's more mellow tones. I don't like its acoustic sound quite as well as my old guitar, but then again the MJM6 looks like it has hardly been played, and my old axe had years of constant action refining its sound. On the other hand, the MJM6 has a better preamp, so I am pretty sure it will sound even better plugged in than the S6. Plus, it looks totally awesome.

Seagull S12+. I have been wanting a twelve-string guitar almost as long as I have been playing. Finally, I got one yesterday. It replaces the other three guitars I used to have, which were stolen along with the S6. This guitar has the same great sound that my S6 used to have, except twice as many strings to produce even more of it. Plus, now I can play Life By the Drop just like SRV! Well, like SRV without the talent, anyway.


1 comment:

Craig & Priscilla Coe said...

Congrats on the new guitars! I'm looking forward to hearing how they sound. Especially the 12 string. If I've heard one before I didn't know it. :)